ATI Catalyst 9.12 hotfix Driver
Right along with the WHQL release ATI decided to also launch a hotfix driver that addresses certain specific issues -- and there are truly some significant changes in this one.
Should you be interested, we have a discussion thread open on these drivers right here.
Fixes for the following issues:
- Resident Evil 5 – Performance drop during the opening cinematic
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 – Performance drop observed with a supported ATI CrossFireX™ configuration when using the thermal scope
- Wheelman – Game freezes while loading the game menu
- Flashing in various OpenGL titles – City of Heroes, Enemy Territories: Quake Wars, Riddick
- Heaven benchmark (DirectX 9 mode) – Grass flickers and white boarders observed around the edges
- ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series – issue with HDMI: DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD not working properly with certain receivers
- The desktop mouse cursor becomes enlarged at random when using Windows 7
Support for ATI CrossFireX™ on Eyefinity configurations
- The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional GPUs for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups
- Supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series
Support for DisplayPort audio
- The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release adds support for DisplayPort audio for DisplayPort panels
Support for the OpenCL™ GPU component of the ATI Stream SDK v2.0
- The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides full support for GPU acceleration of OpenCL when used in conjunction with the ATI Stream SDK v2.0. This feature is supported on theATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series and the AMD FireStream™ 9200 Series of products.
Have you read Guru3D's Radeon HD 5870 reference review already ?