ATI just launched Catalyst driver revision 10.2, this releases comes with a number of changes. Here is an overview.
Key new features in ATI Catalyst 10.2:
- ATI CrossFireX profiles - providing better CrossFireX performance, sooner!
- ATI CrossFireX re-architecture - providing better building blocks for the future!
- Ultra Low Power State - saves power when you are not gaming.
- ATI CrossfireX for Eyefinity - CrossFireX now improves your Eyefinity gaming performance!
- DisplayPort Audio - you can now pass audio directly through to you DisplayPort monitor equipped with speakers
- DiRT 2 – Overall performance improves up to 8% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5970, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series products
- Battleforge – CrossFire ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 performance improves up to 6%
- Unigine Heaven – DirectX 9 CrossFire performance has improved significantly on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 and ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series products
- The Chronicles of Riddick – Assault on Dark Athena – Overall performance on ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 improves up to 4%
Release notes can be found here. We have an extensive discussion thread open on these drivers right here.
Have you read our MSI R5770 HAWK review ?