The all new Radeon Catalyst update for September. Obviously including the new X2, Radeon HD 4600 support and a lot of new features and updates.
Catalyst Control Center: New Display mode support
- This release of Catalyst™ introduces 1080p @ 50Hz custom mode support for HDTVs for the ATI Radeon HD 4000 Series, ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series, ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series, and ATI Radeon X1000 Series of products. Users can configure their own custom 1080p @ 50Hz modes to best fit their display.
Overdrive support for QUAD CrossFireX configurations
- This release of Catalyst™ introduces Overdrive support for QUAD CrossFireX configurations. Users can now over-clock each graphics accelerator’s engine or memory speed when running in QUAD CrossFire configurations using manual controls or the automated auto-tuning utility.
OpenGL™ 3.0 support – Phase 1
- This release of Catalyst™ introduces OpenGL™ 3.0 extension support. Future Catalyst™ releases will continue to expand support for OpenGL 3.0 extensions. The following is a list of supported extensions in Catalyst 8.9:
Resolved Issue highlights
- Company of Heroes: Setting the in-game options to maximum levels no longer results in the game exiting to the desktop after the game has completed loading.
- DiRT: Setting shadows to ultra quadCF no longer results in a performance drop being noticed.
- Assassins Creed: Brightness and saturation distortion is no longer observed during game play with ForceAA enabled.
- Grid: Enabling CrossFire and starting a new game no longer results in flickering bands being noticed across the display device.
- Jericho: Corruption is no longer noticed when AA is enabled and the in-game option Advanced Smoothing is enabled.
- Age of Conan: Playing the game for a short period of time no longer results in flickering corruption being noticed.
Have you read our ATI Radeon HD 4670 review ?