Next to the release of Catalyst 5.2 drivers ATI also released new AMD64 drivers. Now read this carefully, you need to have a 64-bit (unreleased) Windows XP operating system for this. This software is in beta stages right now. That fact that you have an Athlon 64 processor does not means it's running in 64-bit ! Standard Windows XP is a 32-bit platform.
As stated, this is beta 4 and the drivers seem to slowly mature. The download weighs rougly 20 MB, contain a control panel and of course the display drivers themselves. Here are the release notes.
Should the ATI Setup Auto Launch fail, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the DRV64A directory created on your system and double-click Setup.exe. This directory is found where the downloaded files have been saved to. Accept all the default prompts.
- Navigate to the CP directory created on your system and double-click Setup.exe. This directory is found where the downloaded files have been saved to. Accept all the default prompts.
- Re-start your system as required.
- Installing the ATI Control Panel separately from the display driver results in the option to create a desktop shortcut not being presented
- Wars and Warriors Joan of Arc: Setting the display device to 1024x768 and launching the game results in the game failing to respond shortly after starting a new campaign
- Setting the display device to 1280x1024 and rotating the display by 90 degrees results in an error message being displayed when running 3DMark05
- The Details button found in the ATI Options tab is currently unavailable
- Clicking on the Change/Remove button found in the Add/Remove programs currently displays the bus type information as N/A
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: Texts flicker is noticed at both the top right and bottom right of the display device
- Currently it is not possible to enable a TV as a secondary display device under Windows XP64 AMD