This is a simple app created to make running multiple benchmarks less hassle. I got bored with having to wait about for benchmarks to finish to write down results and start the next bench, so I looked for something to automate things a little. I come across 'bench'em all' which did the job pretty well but is sadly discontinued. I decided I'd try to build something which would do the job for me and BenchBatch is the result. Once the settings are set and saved, BenchBatch will run each of the selected benchmarks, read the results of each benchmark and save the compiled results to a text file for reference.
Currently only the 3dmark series of benches are supported but I plan to work on adding support for more benchmarks, I'm hoping to add support for HL2, Farcry and a few others if I can, so as to make this a pretty complete benchmarking aid.How to use.
- Run BenchBatch.exe, rightclick and select settings.
- Set the required file paths and select if your using the free or pro versions of 3dmark.
- Save settings.
- Tick the boxes for which benchmark you require to run and press start.
- Go get a beer/coffee/tea and wait for all benchmarks to finish.
- Once all benchmarks are complete, the results will be saved to the benchbatch_results.txt (in the same folder as benchbatch.exe) and shown on screen.
All done.Know limits/bugs/things that I want to change
* Only nvidia driver versions are reported/saved in logs. (If someone can let me know the filename of the actual ati .dll driver file I can add support for Ati in next version).
* The 3Dmark 'tip of the day' messages must be disabled where they can be. If they can be turned off, benchbatch assumes they will have been switched off prior to running benchbatch. If they havn't it will fail on the 'tip of the day' page. If the version is a free version and the tips cant be disabled, then benchbatch will close the window automatically.BenchBatch v1.1 changelog
1.1 - fixed bug in benchmark interupted routine, typo.
1.0 - first public release.
0.6 - test release.
0.5 - added benchmark interupted routine.
0.5 - added 3dmark06 support, change gui so it remembers position.
0.4 - added about page and seperated pro/free versions.
0.3 - added settings page and .ini read/write
0.2 - added 3dmark03 & 05 support.
0.1 - initial test version with just 3dmark01.