Intel and AMD recently published detailed, public information about the "DTS" (Digital Thermal Sensor), which provides much higher accuracy and more relevant temperature reading than the standard thermal diode sensors do. (How it works).
This feature is supported on all Intel Core and Core 2 based processors as well as the whole AMD's Athlon64 line of CPUs. For a full list of supported CPUs see the CPU Support List.
Core Temp also has a logging feature, allowing a user to easily record the temperature of his processor(s) over any period of time, then the data can be easily transferred into an excel datasheet for easy graphing.
Core Temp works on Windows 2000, XP and 2003 (both 32bit and 64bit versions). Windows Vista 32bit is fully supported.
- Fix: Core Temp sometimes crashes when another program tries to access the log file. - Still needs further testing.
- Add: Show load percentage per core.
- Add: Adjustable Tj.Max value via *.INI file.
- Add: Option to start Core Temp with Windows.
- Add: Support new Intel Mobile processors
- Change: Maximum logging interval is now 99999ms instead of 9999ms.
- Change: Log file layout. Shows current temperature, high\low temperature, core load, CPU speed.