This download is a driver providing Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista® and Windows XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
This download supports the following audio devices only:
- Sound Blaster Audigy including Platinum and Platinum eX series
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 including Platinum, Platinum eX, and Value series
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS including Platinum and Platinum Pro series
- Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro and Sound Blaster Audigy 4
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook PCMCIA
Resolves the following issues:
- Audio device driver files are not removed completely when uninstalling from Windows Device Manager.
- Sound Blaster Audigy audio device does not appear in the Encoder tab of Audio Control Panel.
- Unable to run 64-bit version of ASIO software.
- Device error caused by enabling audio enhancements.
- Incorrect speaker configuration shown in Audio Control Panel.
- System unable to shut down when Dolby® Digital Live is enabled in Windows 7.
- Passthrough of Dolby/DTS® audio does not work with Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7.
- Speaker settings in Audio Control Panel are not in sync with Microsoft Speaker Setup in Windows 7 64-bit.
- System becomes unstable when uninstalling the audio device driver in Windows 7 64-bit.
- Driver decoding of Dolby/DTS audio does not work with Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7. As a workaround, use a 3rd party software media player to playback DVDs.
- Applications from the original Sound Blaster Audigy CD will not work with this download on Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Users are advised to use Audio Console included in this download to change speaker configurations.
- Gameport is not supported in Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
- 6.1 speaker mode is not supported by Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista 32-bit with SP1, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005 or Windows XP MCE 2004
- Sound Blaster Audigy audio devices listed above
- DO NOT install this driver for Sound Blaster Audigy LS, Sound Blaster Audigy SE, or Sound Blaster Audigy Value.
- To install this driver
- Download the SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0017.exe file onto your local hard disk.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.