There is no need to install anything, just unzip the file and you're ready to go.
Just delete the folder.
Using the tool
When you start-up the program for the first time, you may need to set the gamepath.
This will happen if you have multiple versions (full, SP demo, MP Demo) installed.
After you've done that, you need to set-up the benchmark settings;
You can set the overall and all the other quality settings, but you can also set the:
- Demo Loops
- Time of Day
- And the global settings
- Run a variety of tests all at one time.
- Choose windowed, 32/64 bit, DX9/DX10 tests.
- Logs setting details for each test run plus provides a summary breakdown (with averages if 3 or more loops).
- Supports custom demos.
- Allows pause/resume by hitting spacebar, between runs.
- Auto-save all benchmark runs in Autosave folder.
- Allows Copy/Paste from results window.
- Save and import a queue of runs for ease of retesting.
- Allows image quality comparisons by taking a screenshot on each run at certain frame(s).
There are some current limitations that will be added in future release.
- For any advanced optional CVARS you add, they will be global to all tests and not on a per test run basis.
- Currently while many resolutions are provided, not all may be supported by your monitor.
- DX10 option will show up in Vista if you don't have DX10 hardware. Choosing DX10 will revert to using DX9, although the log output will show DX10 erroneously. I do not have directx API logic in the tool yet to differentiate HW.
- Vsynch currently disabled as there were issues with it working in demo, will be re-enabled in soon update.
Download and Requirements:
Only tested on XP and Vista 32/64, the tool detects them appropriately.
There is no installer/uninstaller, just unzip and double click to use.
Requires .NET framework. You probably have it installed but if problems arise in running the tool it try these downloads from Microsoft:
x86 .NET framework redist
x64 .NET framework redist