Omegadrive has released a new version of his popular modified driver. These drivers are based on ATI's latest catalyst drivers and they include a customized version of ATI Tray Tools instead of Radlinker. These drivers offer excellent performance versus great image quality and are known by their great reputation. These are "optimized" drivers for the ATI Radeon family.
What's New in Omega Drivers version 3.8.231
- Based on the Catalyst 6.3 Official drivers.
- Added a new wide-screen resolution, 1024x640.
- Some of the settings for both D3D & OGL will not be synchronized between ATT and the normal ATI CP, you must only use one of them to make changes, the best option is to use ATT since the ATI CP does not support changes to AI and in order to use the advanced D3D/OGL features. Changes made in ATT will work on games and such but the changes will not be reflected in the normal ATI CP since ATI stores the registry values that the CP reads separate from the actual values in the registry.
- Since these drivers include a non-standard version of ATT, I would recommend that if you have any previous version of ATT installed, please uninstall it before installing these drivers, not doing so may cause unknown problems.
What's new for ATI Tray Tools version 188.8.131.524
- Updated core names database. Added information about R505 chips.
- Improved "High precision" overclocking mode for X8xx boards. Now ATT can set more accurate values for requested GPU and Memory clocks.
- Resrticted I2C scan procedure up to 0x4F address.
- Added new configuration option (in atitray.ini) to exchange GPU and Environment temperatures
- Fixed wrong temperature display in Overclocking window if SharedMemory was disabled
- Fixed issue when ATT unable to restore current colors after game end
- Fixed isuue when ATT shows incorrect values for free Video and Texture memory in FlashOSD module