Genre: Action / Adventure
Single Player: Yes
Release Date: June 2007
ESRB Rating: Teen
Tomb Raider: Anniversary retraces Lara Croft’s original genre-defining adventure — a globe-trotting 3rd person action adventure in pursuit of the legendary Scion artifact. Using an enhanced 'Tomb Raider: Legend' game engine, the graphics, technology and physics bring Lara's adventure and pursuit of a mystical artifact known only as the Scion right up to today's technology standards and will offer gamers a completely new game play experience.
- Epic Exploration – The lost city of Atlantis and ancient Egyptian pyramids are ripe for discovery, as you get to explore their every hidden dark crevice and impossible height. enter into strange, undiscovered lands and solve their deepest, darkest mysteries, open doors to new realms, uncover great rewards and unearth secrets to Lara's past.
- Acrobatic Gunplay – Deftly leap around charging enemies, while you continue to unleash a hail of bullets from your trademark dual pistols.
- Lethal Predators – the wilderness awaits with a wide range of bestial predators from bats to wolves to bears defend their territory from human encroachment. New and improved AI means that all enemies will exhibit a more diverse behaviour set, providing improved combat challenges for the player.
- Supernatural elements are used sparingly to provide a mystical allure around the world, while maintaining the world’s grounded core. The awesome T-Rex and intriguing Atlantean centaurs suck you into the wonderfully intriguing and mysterious world of Tomb Raider.
- Death-Defying Environmental Playground – Leap over massive gaps, cling onto rock ledges, and swim through underground tunnels.
- Solve the Diabolical Machinery of the Past – seek to outwit the brilliant ancient designers of many epic puzzles and vaults in order to uncover their secrets. Be warned they do not take kindly to “meddling”, and as such, the price of failure is extreme.