Heaven benchmark excels at providing the following key features:
- Native support of OpenGL, DirectX 9, DirectX 10 and DirectX 11
- Comprehensive use of tessellation technology
- Advanced SSAO (screen-space ambient occlusion)
- Volumetric cumulonimbus clouds generated by a physically accurate algorithm
- Dynamic simulation of changing environment with high physical fidelity
- Interactive experience with fly/walk-through modes
- ATI Eyefinity support
- The Tessellation feature REQUIRES a GPU with DirectX 11 support!
- ATI Radeon HD 2xxx and higher or NVIDIA GeForce 7xxx and higher (recommended: NVIDIA 8800 / AMD 4800 series)
- 256 Mb of video memory
Earlier this month the company has announced full support of DirectX 11 features in its top-notch 3D middleware. Updated Unigine engine supports Windows 7 and has successfully incorporated the groundbreaking DirectX 11 capabilities, including the following core features:
- Hardware tessellation
- Shader Model 5.0
Unigine has published the second release of Heaven Benchmark, a DirectX 11 GPU benchmark based on the Unigine engine. Heaven Benchmark 2.0 is more complex than the first edition, it features a heavier tessellation load, major engine optimizations, new objects, more dynamic lights, and other improvements.
- Heavier tessellation load
- Several major optimizations of the engine
- Added new elaborated objects in the world
- Physics-driven flags
- More dynamic lights
- Enhancements of some old assets
- Introduced "moderate" and "extreme" tessellation modes
We also have a discussion thread open here on this technology demo slash benchmark.