Quite an interesting new ForceWare driver appeared on 3DChipset today. This 80.40 version adds H.264 hardware decoding to the 7800 series (new sort of MPEG codec) . What's interesting is their is no version number presented in the nv4_disp file. Plus some new entries are apparent in this release too. The C51 chipset by NVIDIA as well as a G72?
The drivers seem to be valid, have been virus checked and recrunched. They are now 11 MB in size. The files in the archive are dated June 13th.
Almost any geForce graphics card to date is supported in these drivers. Again, props to 3DChipset for posting these.
- nv4_disp lists - DriverVer = 06/13/2005 ; Changelist 1300631
- Adds H.264 hardware decode support for the 7800 series
- Drivers come with a setup.exe for easy installing
- GeForce 2 and up are supported in this release
- Files are dated: June 13th, 2005
- WinZip Packaged
- New Entries:
- NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D0.1 = "NVIDIA G72"
- NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D1.1 = "NVIDIA G72"
- NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D2.1 = "NVIDIA G72"
- NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D3.1 = "NVIDIA G72"
- NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D5.1 = "NVIDIA G72"
- NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01DE.1 = "NVIDIA G72GL"
- NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01DF.1 = "NVIDIA G72"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0240.1 = "NVIDIA C51GL"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0241.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0242.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0243.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0244.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0245.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0246.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0247.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0248.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0249.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_024A.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_024B.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_024C.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_024D.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_024E.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
- NVIDIA_C51.DEV_024F.1 = "NVIDIA C51"
Please consider this driver to be extremely BETA !! You use it at your own risk. If things mess up ... hey that's the risk you took.