Guru3D - Driver Sweeper is a fast tool to remove driver leftovers from your system. It's very important to remove your drivers on a proper way, because driver leftovers can cause problems like stability and startup problems. You can use it if you want to update/remove drivers from your system. Driver Sweeper 2.6.0 features a lot of additional entries compared to the previous version and improves most removal methods.
How to use ?
Guru3D - Driver Sweeper is very easy to use. You only have to select the drivers you want to clean.
The best way to clean drivers is to first uninstall the drivers using the official uninstallers, reboot in Safe Mode and run Guru3D - Driver Sweeper. However, rebooting and not going into Safe Mode also works, but can cause some files not to be cleaned.
Attention - Guru3D Driver Sweeper has been
discontinued as such you will not find any download links here any longer.
What can it be used for ?
The current supported drivers are NVIDIA (Display and Chipset), ATI (Display), Creative (Sound), Ageia (PhysX), MMouse and Realtek (Sound).
All the settings are saved in an ini file. Nothing is created in the registry, so it's possible to use it as a portable program. Log files can be saved to the harddisk and viewed as well. You can find the logs under the Tools menu.
The Guru3D - Driver Sweeper is fully tested on Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows & 7 RC. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are supported.
More info and revision history can be found here:
- Official Guru3D - Driver Sweeper homepage click here.
- Official Guru3D - Driver Sweeper forums click here.
- Added ASUS - Sound cleaning.
Thanks to topyrz.
- Added process stopping to prevent several entries being locked.
This includes several OS processes and third party software (RivaTuner,
- Added service stopping and cleaning.
- Improved file cleaning methods.
- Improved ATi - Display cleaning.
- Improved Creative - Sound cleaning.
Thanks to DyP and MrBozack.
- Improved NVIDIA - Display cleaning.
- Some registry entries not showing up in the analyse list.
- Some file and directory entries not marked as cleaned.
- Additional cleaning methods not working when files are protected by OS.
- Unhandled Exception crash occurred while trying to find some directories.