NVIDIA released new ForceWare drivers revision 56.72 for Windows 2000 & XP. Release Date is April 1, 2004 and it's not even a joke
The drivers are WHQL Certified and weigh 10 MB.
Issues Resolved in Version 56.72
- GeForce FX 5200/FX5900/FX5950 Ultra, Windows XP: Far Cry (Patch 3) water is rendered incorrectly.
- GeForce FX 5200/FX 5600, Windows XP: Star Wars Galaxies performance is poor.
- Windows XP: Presentation Director eight-bit test screen is not displayed correctly.
- GeForce FX 5200/FX 5900/FX 5950 Ultra, Windows XP: "Play On My TV " option within the NVIDIA panel is not available when playing a media file.
- Windows XP: OpenGL viewperf crashes or is extremely slow if the Physical Address Extension boot option is enabled.
- Gameprofiles: Name of the .exe for Return to Castle Wolfenstein profile is wrong.
- Apocalyptica crashes when 3D stereo is activated and then deactivated.
- GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, Windows XP: In the game Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, white flashes occur on a character with antialiasing enabled.
- GeForce FX 5950 Ultra,Windows XP: Fogging effect is not applied to distant trees in the game Far Cry.
We have several discussion threads open in our NVIDIA driver section which can be found right here.