This is the official 61.76 NVIDIA release candidate Forceware driver as posted on NVIDIA's site as sources tell us! It's quite rare to see so many ForceWare drivers on the web as we saw the past few weeks, this is the official one though.
The files are dated 07/12/2004 and will work with the entire range of Nvidia graphics cards.
I've recompressed the archive towards a lovely 7 MB ! You can install the driver the easy way as a setup.exe is included.
If you give the drivers a try then be sure to let us know your experiences in our NVIDIA driver forums. There is also loads of info on drivers and help to find in there.
Key features of NVIDIA ForceWare Release 60 include:
- Support for the award-winning GeForce 6800-series GPUs
- Unmatched performance and enhanced image quality for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 and OpenGL-based software applications.
- Support for Microsoft Windows XP/2000/98/Me/NT4 and Windows XP 64-bit (for AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron 64, and Intel EMT64)
- Support for PCI Express-based NVIDIA GPUs
- Consumer electronic display support for DVI-based digital displays, such as widescreen plasma screens
- Quick Zoom ease eye strain and enable ergonomic computing with easy Windows magnification
- Updated application profiles allow users to assign multiple profiles for each application
- With every NVIDIA driver release comes one more reason to invest in an NVIDIA GPU,â€? said Andrew Fear, software product manager at NVIDIA.
- The ForceWare Release 60 graphics driver not only lays the software foundation for GeForce 6 series GPUs and cutting-edge applications that take advantage of Shader Model 3.0, it continues the NVIDIA tradition of delivering industry-leading features free of charge - that enhance and extend the NVIDIA experience across all of our product lines