ATI CATALYST drivers provide fully qualified display support for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 systems with Radeon display cards, but requires a special version of ATI's Video Capture (WDM) drivers for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 systems with All-in-Wonder boards, which will be provided by your computer manufacturer.
Issues Resolved in CATALYST™ Display Driver Version 4.9
The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of CATALYST™. These include:
- XIII: Light map artifacts are no longer noticed in the game when loading a saved game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9200 installed
- Far Cry v1.2: Texture corruption is no longer seen on the ground
- IL2 Forgotten Battles: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ X800 series installed no longer results in the display corruption and the game failing to respond when FSAA is enabled and display is set to either 1200x960 or 1600x1200
- Indian Jones and the Emperors Tomb: Display corruption and missing polygons are no longer noticed in the game
- PainKiller: missing textures are no longer noticed on the ground and light artifacts are noticed when moving around within the game or when moving in and out of the light.
- Serious Sam SE: Running the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ X800 PRO installed no longer results in lens flares showing through solid objects within the game
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: An access violation error no longer occurs when using the function Alt-Tab to get out of the game and then using the function Alt-Tab to get back into the game
- Tabula Rasa: Video rendering issues are no longer noticed playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9700 PRO installed
- Tony Hawk 4: playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9100 installed no longer results in white pixels being seen around the edges of objects
- Connecting an HDTV 7pin dongle to the video card no longer results in TV detection issues when both the TV and YPbPr (HDTV) are active
- Playing a DVD with PowerDVD on the primary display and playing an MPEG clip with Windows Media Player on the secondary display device no longer results in flickering and corruption being seen
Supported on the RADEON 9500, RADEON 9600, RADEON 9700, RADEON 9800, RADEON X300, RADEON X600, or RADEON X800 Series of products.
Note you must have Microsoft’s .NET Version 1.1 Framework installed.