- Three new game tests, all requiring DirectX 9 hardware support.
- Feature tests focusing on key characteristics of graphics performance.
- The 3DMark05 demo the ultimate display of real-time 3D graphics featuring an original sound track.
- Multiprocessor CPU test. A CPU-intensive run of two game tests, adding CPU loads typical for 3D games and tuned for multiprocessor systems.
- A wide range of benchmark settings and professional tools for image quality inspection, texture filtering quality testing, automated batch runs and a lot more.
The primary features in the free version of 3DMark05
- 3 Game tests, using DirectX 9 features extensively.
- A multiprocessor CPU test focusing on CPU intensive tasks in 3D games.
- An exciting and awe-inspiring 3DMark demo, pushing your system to its limits.
- System Info utility, which provides an in-depth analysis of the status and features of the components in your PC.
- Access to the Online Result Browser for global comparison of PC performance.
Additional features available in the Pro and Business versions of 3DMark05
- Full control over the benchmark display configuration, including resolution, colour palette, anti-aliasing and texture filtering.
- Feature tests measuring shader performance, and other essential graphics performance features.
- Professional tools, including image quality analysis and graph creation of runtime statistics.
- Result import to MS Excel tool for easier result management and report creation.
- Access to the Pro-Online Result Browser, a must have for all professional system testers and enthusiast overclockers.
Minimum Requirements for 3DMark05:
- DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapter with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 or later, and graphics memory of 128 MB or above.
- Intel® or AMD® compatible processor running on 2 GHz or above.
- 512 MB system memory or more.
- 1.5 GB of free hard disk space.
- Windows 2000 or XP operating system with the latest Service Packs and updates installed.
- DirectX 9.0c runtime installed (download) with the latest updates.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 installed, for some 3DMark functionality (download).
- Microsoft Excel 2000, 2003 or XP, for some 3DMark functionality.
- Microsoft DirectX 9 Summer Update 2004 System Development Kit is required to run the image quality test using the reference rasterizer.
Technical Details Associated with the New 3DMark05 (Build 1.2.0)
- Benchmark scores do not change between build 1.2.0 and build 1.1.0, except when the system is influenced by the changes listed below;
- Updated System Info module with support for the latest CPU and graphics hardware;
- GeForce FX-series now use VS2.a as default;
- Modified anisotropic texture filtering settings to ensure that all hardware performs the desired amount of filtering when anisotropic filtering is selected from the benchmark settings;
- Updated version of the Entech library, which is used to detect the clock frequency of the graphics chip core and memory;
- Improved compatibility for graphics cards with 128MB of video memory when using Anti-Aliasing;
- Various fixes & corrections to Image Quality Tools;
- Fixed all reported & reproduced bugs;
- Possible result vulnerability has been blocked
New feature for the Basic Edition (Free)
The Professional & Business Editions will
continue to show the results offline, but 3DMark05 Build 1.3.0 introduces a new
feature for the Basic Edition (Free) users - the score is viewable online only.
This new feature will enable new users to get an online analysis of their
system, and to quickly & easily compare their results to others. The new online
service called "Result Analyzer" is one of the key elements of the next
generation of benchmarks from Futuremark.
Fixes & Updates
- Fixed looping crash;
- Improved startup speed by optimizing the
- Updated SystemInfo component with support
for the latest CPU and graphics hardware;
- Fixed all reported & reproduced issues.