Enhanced feature set with built in options for adjusting memory timings. Full support for the newest chipsets with full compatibility for older generation chipsets.
OCZ Memtest86 v1.00
Built onto the core of newly released Memtest86+ v1.27 package, the OCZ Memtest86 v1.0 package contains the following additional functionality:
- Timing adjustment support for nVidia nForce2, Intel i865/i875, Intel i915/i925 chipsets, and the AMD Athlon64 on-die memory controller
- Full timing adjustment is available on the nForce2, i865/i875, and i915/i925 (DDR1 modules only) chipsets (tCAS, tRCD, trp, tRAS).
- Partial timing adjustment is available on the AMD Athlon64 and the i915/i925 chipset using DDR2 modules. All timings except CAS latency can be set.
- More AMD64 specific options for fine-tuning the memory controller also known as “Alpha Tweaks.”
At this point we are not able to implement CAS adjustment on the Athlon64 as the memory controller can lose stability and lock-up if the CAS latency is changed after initial boot-up. Likewise, the i915/i925 chipset memory controller that handles DDR2 also exhibits a loss of stability when CAS latency is changed after initial boot-up.
The timing adjustments are accessed through the main configuration menu through selection “(9) Extra Options.” This will take you to another menu which has three options: Modify Timings, Refresh Screen (what was originally in position (9) of the main menu), and Cancel.
CAUTION: Modifying timings may cause your system to crash or lock-up if your memory/mainboard is not able to handle the new timings that you set. Use this feature at your own risk.
By selecting Modify Timings you are dropped into the timing modification menu where you can either change all the timings at once, or select a specific timing to change. When you select a specific timing to change you will be prompted to enter a new value. The program will reject any value that is not a valid entry for the chipset/memory controller and the type of memory that is currently installed.
After entering the value(s) OCZ Memtest86 will reinitialize and begin testing using the new timings/settings. The program will also calculate the new memory bandwidth using the timings/settings just entered. There is an AMD64 extra option mode. The extra option mode will let the user modify some of the more detailed and specific parameters of the memory controller such as refresh rate, read-to-write delay, etc.
1.00 : - Initial release
- Athlon64 becomes unstable when CAS latency is changed. The option for CL modification has been removed for the Athlon64 for the time being.
- On the i925 chipset system would crash after CAS latency changed. The option to change CL has been removed for the i925 timing adjustment menu for the time being.
- System may crash if the memory cannot run on the specific timing.
- On some systems, the timing disclaimer may take a long time to display, please be patient when at this screen.
- Reprint screen function may be broken.
- The 1T/2T command rate only works with a CG revision or later Athlon64 CPU.