This tweak is intended for use with GeForce/Quadro cards and ForceWare 55.xx - 7x.xx 3D Stereo drivers. NVTweak is not fully compatible with Windows 98/Me or driver versions older than 55.xx. If you do happen to run this tweak with older software, you could get errors at startup! To enable full compatibility, you will need to disable the options that are causing issues with your current setup.
NVTweak allows you to operate a graphics card out of normal specifications by overclocking and/or modifying how the driver operates. You should always use the overclocking utility with extreme care! I will not be held responsible for any damage that may result from the improper use of this program.
Extract the executable to a folder on your desktop (or wherever you see fit). Double-click the NVTweak.exe file inside and then tweak to your desire. Check your NVidia properties (you DO NOT have to reboot), and you will see many new configurable options in the nVidia control panel. To get to these options, right-click on your desktop and go to 'NVIDIA Display' (Win XP/2003).
Changes in v1.7.1
- Added a link to H4ck 3D homepage on the About dialog
- Prevent multiple instances of the application from running in memory
- Updated DeviceIDs and Strings text files to coincide with Pieter's Modded INF v30.51 (INF Editor)
- New tool, NVTray (currently only in beta stage)
- Added option under Settings menu to load the display properties panel
- Replaced DeviceIDs and Strings forms with notepad.exe to allow user modification (INF Editor)
- Added advanced memory and file system tweaks to improve overall system performance
- New convenient setup build using InstallShield